[BYTEIO-WG] Document process / FLE's slate on the Experience document

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Mon Oct 15 18:30:38 CDT 2007

Hi Michel,

> Secondly, and that's what this mail is mainly all about, I had a chat
> with Greg Newby about the documents process regarding ByteIO.
>
> [...]
>
> 2) The Experience document we are writing at the moment will go
> through its own PC period as normal. How ever, this document will
> explicitly mention and document that as a result of the interop
> tests, we had to change the XML rendering for the Specification,
> hence obsoleting the relevant appendices of the Functional Spec and
> the WSRF rendering, where appropriate, The document then will also
> explicitly mention that the online version of the XML and WSDL will
> reflect the latest version of the XML and WSDL.
>
> 2.1) We therefore need to add a chapter to the Experience document
> that describes the changes to the XML and WSDL as outlined above.
> THat way, we update the spec without having to go through the fairly
> heavyweight process of a new set of requirements documents.

Well, that is interesting.  But how is a consumer of the
ByteIO spec to find out that the original spec document is
actually outdated, and that the new updated spec is found in
the appendix of the Experience document?

Andre.

--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however,
a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.