[BYTEIO-WG] Error with Genesis II Client talking to Unicore

Mark Morgan mmm2a at virginia.edu
Thu Jul 26 15:16:12 CDT 2007

Shahbaz,

Thanks for the info.  We've changed out code to send out the actions
(which are required by WS-Addressing, but I believe required to be
ignored by WS-I).  At any rate, we are sending them out and they seem to
work for most of the test cases.  We can now successfully communicate
with your service for tests 4.1 - 4.7, and 5.1.  However, we fail to
interoperate with your service endpoint on the append/truncAppend
operations, and on the seekRead/seekWrite operations.  For the
append/truncAppend operations we are failing because the response that
we get back from your service contains an empty appendResult data
structure.  However, according to the ByteIO WSRF Rendering
documentation, this result element must contain a transfer-information
element, even though there is no data to be transferred for the
operation.  Please see attached file Gen2UNI.append.log for an example
session showing this issue.

For the seekRead/seekWrite operations we are getting a fault back
indicating that the SOAP Action in the header is not understood.  As you
can see from the attached session log (Gen2UNI.seekRead.log), I think we
are passing the SOAP action specified by the WSRF Rendering document.
As I stated above, technically I'm not sure that you are allowed to
route messages based on this action anyways, but even if you are, I
suspect that you may have a typo in the action that you are looking for
(perhaps you are still using the random namespace in those actions?).

-Mark and Karolina