[Ari-wg] Friday (4.02.2011) telco minutes

Marcin Plociennik marcinp at man.poznan.pl
Mon Feb 7 05:04:30 CST 2011

Dear All,

please find minutes the ARI-WG telco 4.02.2011, 15.00 CET

-----------------------------------

Participants:
Marcin Plociennik, Milan Prica, Duane Edgington,

The main goal of the meeting was to discuss the structure of the first
draft of the specification document and
to divide the work.
We will start with the minimal specification for the service (like
Instrument Element) part

We were looking at the example specification documents like:

http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.jsdl-wg/docman.root.working_drafts.activity_schema/doc15395/36

http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.graap-wg/docman.root.current_drafts.ws_agreement_negotiation_specifi/doc16041/1

We agreed initially to have similar structure of the document:

The initial division of work:

Marcin + Duane, : introduction, scope, definitions and notations, use
case discussion, schema,example, etc

Milan: The initial description of the Instrument Element service
(describing each basic element)

Point for discussion with list (for example also with Franco ) about
other possible input at this stage

We agreed to work out first draft of the document, then send it to ARI
and RISGE list for initial comments.

We agreed that the core of the document should be ready by the end of
February

Actions:
- to send minutes
- Marcin will prepare template of the document and will send it on Monday
- We will iterate over the structure, and then start to work on the sections

Other later actions:
- Check if Glue 2.0 will be sufficient/appropriate to describe SIM
- Check how to combine with OGC SOS, etc

Next telco:

Probably in 2 weeks time, more ad hoc, depending on the status of the
draft specification document

--
              Marcin Plociennik
 Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center

 61-704 Poznan, ul. Noskowskiego 10 POLAND
 phone (+48 61) 8582181
 e-mail: marcinp at man.poznan.pl