[apps-rg] APPS-RG meetings at GGF14 in Chicago

Thilo Kielmann kielmann at cs.vu.nl
Fri Jun 17 10:52:36 CDT 2005

Dear APPS-RG members,

it is my pleasure to announce that we have assembled an interesting
program for GGF14.

June 27th (monday), we will have a full-day workshop (09:00am to 05:00pm)
on "Grid Applications: from Early Adopters to Mainstream Users"
It comprises 11 accepted presentations, and 2 discussion sessions.
Please see http://www.cs.vu.nl/ggf/apps-rg/meetings/ggf14.html
for details!

June 29th (wednesday), we will have a more general group meeting from
06:00pm to 07:30pm with the following agenda, covering an invited
presentation:
    * 0:00 Welcome, opening
    * 0:05 Feedback on APPS workshop
    * 0:15 Discussion of future APPS workshops
    * 0:30 Presentation:
      Identifying and Fostering Applications on a Multipurpose Grid,
      Mary Fran Yafchak, Southeastern Universities Research Association,
      and Art Vandenberg, Georgia State University
    * 1:00 Open microphone round (general discussion):
      "Current issues of grid application developing and deployment?"
    * 1:30 Adjourn

(If anybody would like to add something to this session, we are still
free to modify the agenda a bit.)

Please also see http://www.cs.vu.nl/ggf/apps-rg/
as well as www.ggf.org for general information.

I am looking forward to meeting you in Chicago!

Thilo Kielmann
--
Thilo Kielmann                                 http://www.cs.vu.nl/~kielmann/