[appagg-rg] RE:APPAGG Minutes attached

Krishna Sankar ksankar at cisco.com
Wed Mar 16 16:00:49 CST 2005

I do think there is an intersection (as opposed to synergy / convergence)
with grid and intelligent environment which includes appliance aggregation,
sensor networks and so forth. Sensor networks as a grid substrate itself is
a good idea. Would like to see what discussions went on at the sensor
network BOF.

But sensor networks (with all it's charm and complexity) is only part of the
equation. The ability to aggregate sensor inputs (remember this is an
asymmetrical flow of information i.e. from the edges to the core of a
network, so aggregation, filtering et al is slightly different) and to make
intelligent inferences, still depends on the "devices".

To make the story short, yep, we should explore a new RG/or a
kindlier-gentler-improved RG which includes the sensor network domain.

Just my 0.02$ (which is not that much worth now-a-days compared to 0.02
euros :o))

Cheers
-k.
-
       |            |        Krishna Sankar, Distinguished Engineer
     :|||:        :|||:      - Disruptive Technologies & Architectures
 ..:|||||||:.....:|||||||:.. - Security, Mobility & Integration
     Cisco  Systems Inc      - Mobile-Asymmetric-Composable-Embedded
Networks
     (Ph) 408-853-8475       ksankar at cisco.com
-
"Things are only impossible only until they're not ..."
-