[acs-wg] Teleconference minutes - Sept 19

Sachiko Wada sachiko at ascade.co.jp
Tue Sep 20 01:48:59 CDT 2005

Hi team,

Here is the minutes of the last teleconf.
Please review it and point out where the record is not correct, if any.

It is also available at Gridforge:
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/acs-wg/document/minutes-20050919/en/1

Sachiko

ACS Teleconference
Date and Time: Sep 19 20:00-21:30 EDT 2005 / Sep 20 9:00-10:30 JST, 2005
Participants:
  Keisuke Fukui (Fujitsu)
  Peter Ziu (Northrop)
  Michael Behrens (R2AD)
  Sachiko Wada (ASCADE) - minutes
* Approval of the proposed contents for section "3.2 Concepts".
    Keisuke posted final revision on Sep. 14. (cb_r5ggf-acs-chap3.doc)
    We reached a good consensus about reference to external storage.
    As for ensuring consistency over referenced entities, we agreed that
    digest value is enough to cover the purpose and full set of XML
    signature is not required.
   Action: Keisuke, to modify the section reflecting today's discussion
    and send it to the ml.

* Review of the proposed contents for chapter "8. Security Consideration"
    We reviewed the latest version of Security Consideration which Pete posted
    on Sep. 19 with his comments.
   - Mike sent the copy of this section to OGSA Security people asking for
     feedback.
   - It seems good overview explanation about WS-Security, SAML and XACML.
   - Since ACS handles data dynamically provided by application producers,
     access control policies for those dynamic data, i.e. Application Contents,
     should be provided together with AA information. OGSA Security Profile
     does not address details of policy description language. We agreed that
     XACML is the first candidate for describing access control policy but
     other language should be allowed up to implementation of ACS.
    Action: Mike, to change the sentence "MUST be XACML compliant" to
     "RECOMMENDED". (Done Sep. 19)

* Review of the proposed contents for section "3.1.6 version control"
    Pete's question is whether "updating AA" means incrementing a
    existing AA or creating new AA from existing one.
    The answer is the latter. By updating AA, the new AA instance is created
    based on the existing one. And the newly created AA instance and base
    AA have bidirectional references so that ACS users can traverse
    the AA change histories. The base AA (old version of AA) can be
    retrieved unless it is explicitly deleted.
    This is also related to the ARI (chap 5).

* Review of section "3.3 Relationhip to other activities".
    Review of section 3.3 was postponed because the contents had not yet
    posted.
   Action: Tom, Pete and Mike to write their part by next week.
      3.3.1 OASIS SDD TC - Tom
      3.3.2 OGSA EMS Design Team - Mike, Pete
      3.3.3 OGSA CDDLM WG - KF (Done)
      3.3.4 OGSA Data WG - Mike, Pete
      3.3.5 OASIS WSDM TC - Tom

* postponed discussion.
    Due to time restriction, we postponed the following items in agenda to the
    next call or on the ml.
     - Review of the proposed draft for the chapter 5.
     - Review of the schedule for draft writing
     - GGF15 sessions

* Next meeting
   Date: Sep 28 Wed 20:00 EDT/Sep 29 Thu 9:00 JST
   Calling #: will be announced later