[acs-wg] Teleconference minutes - August 31

Sachiko Wada sachiko at ascade.co.jp
Sun Sep 4 22:15:51 CDT 2005

Hi team,

Here is the minutes of the last teleconf.
Please review it and point out where the record is not correct, if any.

It is also available at Gridforge:
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/acs-wg/document/minutes-20050831/en/1

Sachiko

ACS Teleconference
Date and Time: Aug 31 20:05-21:20 EDT 2005 / Sep 1 9:05-10:20 JST, 2005
Participants:
  Keisuke Fukui (Fujitsu)
  Tom Studwell (IBM)
  Peter Ziu (Northrop)
  Michael Behrens (R2AD)
  Sachiko Wada (ASCADE) - minutes
* Data transport with SOAP.
   Keisuke explained overview of SwA, related standards and his study about
   feasibility of adopting SwA in the "Create" message exchange.
   Material: d3Data transport with SOAP message.ppt
   The conclusion is that it is reasonable to adopt SwA for attaching AA
   document with "Create" message. Embedding base64-encoded data into SOAP
   message may also be used if the implementation does not support SwA.
   The topics may fall in implementation aspect rather than the specification,
   but it should be considered when designing the XML schema in the ARI.
   Also, we may include this information as non-normative description in the
   ACS draft.

* Review of the proposed contents for section "3.1 Concepts".
   The WS-Word page format should be adjusted in letter size.
   Due to time restriction, we avoided skipped discussion on this.
  Action: All, to review the posted draft section 3.1 and make feedback
   on the ml by the next Wednesday.

* Schedule for drafting a specification
   Keisuke proposed the approach to fill the placeholders in the current draft
   as much as possible toward the GGF15. Section 3.1 will be merged to the draft
   when approved.
   We will finish chapter 3 (Architecture) first, then go forward the following
   chapter.
  Action: All, to write their assigned part and post it to the ml.
  Action: Mike, to take care of security consideration chapter.

* GGF15 DEADLINEs and sessions
   We agreed to submit request for two sessions on Wednesday, 5 Oct.
   (Done on 1 Sep, see Keisuke's post)
   We may have additional private meeting before the official session.

* Wrap up, Next meeting
   Date: Sep 7 Wed 20:00 EDT/Sep 8 Thu 9:00 JST
   Calling #: will be announced later