[acs-wg] RE: Your comments on the draft spec.

Ziu, Peter peter.ziu at ngc.com
Fri Oct 14 09:33:54 CDT 2005

Keisuke,

I read your .ppt sent to OGSA/CDDLM, I don't think there is a problem since
don't seen anything restricting a job document to be in an AA.  The concern
had that caused me to comment was a 'best practices' concern that perhaps is
best address in OGSA and does not need to be addressed in the ACS spec.  It
may need to involve other building off our spec, and adding constraints on
what should be in certain AAs.

My simple concern was that the job doc that starts the ball rolling should
be
encapsulated in something with a version number, and protected against
undesired modification via signature, much like an AA can do.  As you
pointed
out, we are not preventing this, so the comment can be addressed elsewhere.
agree, I think that for the most part we don't put restrictions on what
content can go in the AA, and that is reflected in 3.1.1.  I also agree, it
is
reflected in 3.1.4 that job "instance" should NOT be maintained.  I think
this
is well stated.  We should perhaps clarify that this does not mean that JSDL
is excluded from an AA.  To me job "instance" means any dynamic state
concerned with an executing job, and this does not restrict the ability for
job managing entity to obtain JSDL from an AA, correct?

Food for thought:  Since AA's can have external references, there is nothing
stopping a "root" AA from containing nothing but a JSDL doc, and a reference
to the main content AA.  If this type of job submittal format was optionally
allowed by OGSA, then an EPR of a "root" AA could be submitted to the job
managing entity to kick off a job, not just a JSDL doc.  This would mean
that
the actual execution instruction is conveniently archived in the repository
with a version and signature.

Pete.