[acs-wg] OGSA roadmap input

Sachiko Wada sachiko at ascade.co.jp
Sun May 15 17:13:48 CDT 2005

Hi Mike,

Thank you for writing the document.

I think the WS-RF/WS-N (or OGSA Basic Profile?) should be added to the list.

I assume that ACS (ARI) uses WS-ResourceProperty to describe an archive as a resource, WS-Naming to represent a reference to an archive, and WS-BaseFault to define fault messages. I mean, these specs are used in the service definition (wsdl); i.e. the ACS spec depends on these specs.
I am not sure whether WS-ResourceLifetime and WS-Notification are mandatory or not. Perhaps WS-Notification is not mandatory. But these kinds of detailed discussion may not be required in the roadmap document.

I have no idea about any other standards at this moment. Will we refer to the CDDLM in our spec? How about security issues?

In order to deploy or/and manage ACS service, the ACS service may implement the CDDLM or/and WSDM interface, but I believe this is an implementation matter and out of the ACS spec's scope.

Other comments:

- The title of the chapter is "OGSA normative interface schedule" and the word "interface" reminds me of Web Service portType. But It seems that the word interface is used in the broader sense because JSDL is also included in this chapter. If so, I think it should better be described explicitly that we are going to discuss about the archive format for the grid application as well.

- I assume that the Business Grid is also a expected user.  (It needs Keisuke's confirmation, though.)

Sachiko