[acs-wg] requirements input

Michael Behrens behrens at r2ad.com
Sat May 14 11:59:51 CDT 2005

Here are some requirements to be considered based on some interactions
I've had with CM folks.  Would it be appropriate and okay to ask them to
present a use-case at the F2F?

These might be more pertinent to an ACS implementation as apposed to the
specification:

Shipping
- We do not currently have a software shipping requirement - however perhaps
that could be an export/import capability which would facilite the
shipping.  This would mean we'd need an export porttype.
The Business Activity Manager would request one or more archives to be
downloaded (if permissions
allow).  I presume that the ACS would need to keep track of all requests
as part of an
auditing service invocation (grid logger?).

Federation
- The replication (perhaps via GridFTP) of archives to support edge caching
or mirroring.  If a hierachial graph of repositories exists, how would that
affect how the application contents are located.  Perhaps the naming
resolution mechanism be a way to help.
(This is sort-of covered by the Transfer section of the current ACS
draft (Cooperation between mulitple ACS).

--

Michael Behrens
R2AD, LLC