[acs-wg] OGSA roadmap input

Ziu, Peter peter.ziu at ngc.com
Thu May 12 09:23:03 CDT 2005

Mike, thanks for taking the initiative to get things started.  Looks good, but I am unfamiliar with the dates and status of WS-Naming and Solution Installation.  I presume you have referenced those dates to check schedule fit, or is this the purpose of the roadmap folks to help sort out?

What about specifications that any grid service need to implement?  Do we mention these in the "referenced specifications"?  Is ACS considered a grid managed service?  There are many potential circular dependency issues to work out if so;  i.e., if I am a service within the grid container, then I must reference and utilize certain base specification implementations that all grid managed services must so that I can be started, stopped, restarted, installed, removed, scaled and de-scaled.  If ACS is a service dependency to any of the just mentioned functions then we are awash in chicken/egg issues (what comes first, the chicken or the egg), and will we need to sort these out in order to produce the "referenced specifications" table.

Pete