[acs-wg] Teleconference minutes - July 13

Sachiko Wada sachiko at ascade.co.jp
Fri Jul 15 04:44:46 CDT 2005

Hi team,

Here is the minutes of the last teleconf.
Please review it and point out where the record is not correct, if any.

It is also available at Gridforge:
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/acs-wg/document/minutes-20050713/en/1

Sachiko

ACS Teleconference
Date and Time: July 13 20:00-21:30 EDT 2005 / July 14 9:00-10:30 JST, 2005
Participants:
  Keisuke Fukui (Fujitsu)
  Tom Studwell (IBM)
  Peter Ziu (Northrop)
  Michael Behrens (R2AD)
  Sachiko Wada (ASCADE) - minutes
* August face-to-face dates.
   Agreed F2F meeting plan:
     Dates: Aug. 1, 2
     Place: RTP in N.C
   Keisuke, Pete, Mike, Keisuke and Sachiko will attend.
   Tom has kindly accepted hosting the meeting.
   Teleconference equipment, projector and power supply are available.

* Tentative Glossary definition.
   The refined glossary Keisuke sent has approved.

* Create or Register.
   Discussion on "Create or Register" issue didn't reach conclusion.
   This issue seems not just a naming matter but concern with the usage
   scenario of AA creation.
   Tom and Keisuke will send a picture of their own model to ml, then
   continue work on deepening our understandings on mailing list.
  Action: Tom, Keisuke, to send a picture of their own model.

* Roles in ACS for the draft spec. description.
   Keisuke suggested to make the description for the Replicator to be a note
   rather than a separate role.
   Finally we agreed to keep Replicator remained in the introductory part of
   Working Draft because Replicator may have specific capabilities rather than
   Consumer/Producer, especially related to security.
  Action: Keisuke, to send skeleton of the latest Working Draft
          merging the agreed glossary and ARI part for more discussion.

* Data transport in GetContents.
   - Interaction with CDDLM
    We will wait for their feedback.
   - Register interface
    The issue is "in case of http is used, should we allow both http server
    hosted by ACS and http server outside of the ACS?"
    Discussion was postponed due to time restriction.

* Versioning Extensions to WebDAV
   Kisuke's question:
     Isn't this specific to WebDAV? Although its capability seems to meet
     some of the ACS requirements, it may not applicable to ACS since we
     won't stick to the WebDAV protocol.
  Action: All, to keep an eye on this.

* Next call
   Date:  Jul 20 Wed 20:00 EDT/Jul 21 Thu 9:00 JST