[acs-wg] Teleconference minutes - 16/17 February 2005

Sachiko Wada sachiko at ascade.co.jp
Fri Feb 18 03:12:41 CST 2005

Hi,

Attached file is the minutes of our first teleconference.
Please review it and point out where the record is not correct, if there
is any.

It is also available at Gridforge:
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/acs-wg/document/minutes-20050217/en/1

Regards,

Sachiko Wada

ACS Teleconference
Date and Time: Feb 16 19:00-20:15 EST 2005 / Feb 17 9:00-10:15 JST, 2005
Participants:
  Keisuke Fukui (Fujitsu)
  Thomas Studwell (IBM)
  Peter Ziu (Northrop)
  Michael Behrens (R2AD)
  Sachiko Wada (ASCADE) - minutes

* Who will be present at the GGF13 ACS-WG session?

 - Tom, Pete and Mike can't make it and will join the sessions from the
   over the phone.
 - Tom will host the telephone bridge.

* How many ACS-WG sessions will be at GGF13?

 - Two sessions including an introductory one and a detailed discussion is
   agreed with.

* How many materials will be presented?

   first session : introductory presentation
      - A short overview of ACS by Keisuke and Sachiko
      - A CDC use case (Business Grid Project) by Keisuke and Sachiko
      - An introductory presentation "NaReGI PSE with ACS" by guest speaker.
        NAREGI(National Research GRID Initiative)
           http://www.naregi.org/index_e.html
      - Use case/example by Pete and Mike (over the phone)
      - Introduction to Solution Installation by Tom (over the phone)

   15 min for presentation + 5 min for Q/A (question/answer) is suggested
   as presentation time.

   second session : detailed discussion
      - possible topics are:
          - scope
          - requirements
          - collaboration to other standardization, other WGs
      - Tom will send his proposal agenda for detailed discussion.

* WGs to avoid time slot conflict to the ACS-WG session.

The sessions for the below two WG/BOF are among the important ones that we need collaborate closely and thus we should avoid time conflict. OGSA's are also important but it's hard to avoid conflict to them. We should try to keep up with OGSA remotely.

 - Basic EMS Service (*)
   (*) Identified as "OGSA - Basic Execution Service" after the call.
 - CDDLM

* Collaboration with Solution Installation activities

 - Solution Installation is very inclusive and has broader scope than ACS.
   Since it is expected to be a universal standard for software installation,
   ACS will follow its specification for the archive format. We should
   cooperate with them and join their activities.
 - Solution Installation intends to describe an enterprise level
   solution. In that sense, it goes well with ACS scope.

* Miscellaneous:

  - Tom has kindly accepted hosting phone bridges for the next call and
    ACS-WG sessions at GGF13. - Thank you very much!!

* Next call