[wg-all] GridForge restoration complete; new features of OGF community and group spaces

Sill, Alan Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Sat Dec 3 13:28:34 PST 2022

Dear OGF working group, research group, and community group members,

As part of our project to make all of the older historical records of OGF and its predecessor Grid Forum and Global Grid Forum organizations available as permanent archives, the GridForge archived content restoration is now complete and available at https://forge.org.org. This supplements the previous archives of the Redmine<https://redmine.ogf.org> and Dokuwiki<https://dokuwiki.ogf.org> sites as we work to update the OGF main web site<https://ogf.org>, also recently moved from dedicated hosting at Indiana University to GitHub. This completes the transition to make all previous documents and work archives produced by OGF and its predecessor organizations available.

As a reminder, all current and future development for the Open Grid Forum has now moved to its organizational pages at https://github.com/opengridforum. Any group that wants to have pages set up there with access to repositories, wiki features, the internal GitHub discussion mechanisms, or that needs to have its current existing email lists being served at https://lists.ogf.org reset, serviced, or updated can contact the OGF Editor<mailto:editor at ogf.org> or use the Discussions<https://github.com/OpenGridForum/general-info/discussions> feature on the OGF general-info repository. We would like to make the new spaces as useful as possible to groups that would like to continue their community work using OGF resources. We do have other future announcements to make soon regarding how to extend the value, impact, and adoption of standards produced over the years by OGF groups.

To promote informal interactions, we have also decided recently to co-sponsor the interesting work of the hpc.social community<https://hpc.social> including its Mastodon instance<https://mast.hpc.social>, community syndicated blogs<https://hpc.social/projects/blog/>, community map<https://hpc.social/projects/map/>, podcasts<https://hpc.social/projects/podcasts/>, surveys<https://hpc.social/projects/surveys/>, and other features of use to the community of people interested in high performance computing and related fields to improve our social reach. Other ideas are possible, and we encourage you to use the Discussions feature<https://github.com/hpc-social/hpc-social.github.io/discussions> there as well if you are interested in contributing to these community efforts. Accounts are free on the Mastodon instance if you would like to join the community interactions there. We are happy to partner with the hpc.social community through these projects in developing its outreach to people interested in HPC and other advanced computing methods.

Please let us know how we can assist you further with anything you would like to work on using OGF community methods, and any other ideas you may have to continue to extend the previous valuable work of the OGF community.

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Managing Director, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics and Astronomy
Texas Tech University
Drane 159, MS 4-1167
<http://www.hpcc.ttu.edu/>http://www.hpcc.ttu.edu<http://www.hpcc.ttu.edu/>

Co-Director, NSF Center for Cloud and Autonomic Computing
https://nsfcac.org<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnsfcac.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7CAlan.Sill%40ttu.edu%7C3ae1694838cb42e1354408d7b17fe4e9%7C178a51bf8b2049ffb65556245d5c173c%7C0%7C0%7C637173035187747899&sdata=jGLDJsK3B%2Fll%2B29i2ZNzKb1qRroI4frMuvQS68KBZDU%3D&reserved=0>

President, Open Grid Forum
https://www.ogf.org

e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu<mailto:Alan.Sill at ttu.edu>
ph. 806-834-5940