[wg-all] Call for Session Requests for OGF 44, May 21-22 2015 and options for future events

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Mon Mar 30 16:05:38 EDT 2015

Dear OGF community members and participants,

We had a great time at the mostly-NSI plus a other sessions OGF 43 last week! The interactions with the GENI, GLIF and US Ignite organizers were very positive and I believe NSI will also be planning to schedule sessions at OGF 44 in Lisbon May 21-22. They are also discussing a late September meeting in Prague, joint again with GLIF.

Our next gathering of all groups is OGF 44, 21-22 May 2015 at the EGI Conference taking place all that week in Lisbon Portugal. Details, venue and lodging information are available at the following link and on the OGF 44 page on our web site.

http://conf2015.egi.eu

We need to fix the options for events beyond OGF 44. Our in-person events are useful to our community and help us to make progress together on documents, status reports, BoFs for information and new activities, etc. TO bring these off in the most positive way required organization, session requests and volunteers

Summer/fall/winter conferences and events at which we could put OGF meetings or co-host an event. We can’t organize events at all of them, most likely, so need your help ti choose or to offer alternate suggestions:

- HPDC 15-19 June 2015 Portland, Oregon: http://www.hpdc.org/2015/ (Note interesting workshops, e.g., SCREAM)
- DMTF APTS 20-24 July 2015, Portland Oregon: http://dmtf.org/news/events/2015apts (OGF is an Alliance Partner)
- OSCON 20-24 July 2015, Portland Oregon: http://oscon.com (Great open-source develoiper event!)
- XSEDE 26-30 July 2015, St. Louis Missouri: https://www.xsede.org/web/conference/xsede15
- NSI/GLIF meeting late September in Prague? (This would be a good one to meet with OCCI)
- FAS* conferences September in Boston? (We attended this last year when it was in London and had good turnout for OCCI)
- UCC 2015 early December in Cyprus (We held a Cloud Plugfest there last year in London)

We also continue to support the ongoing cloud developer engagement Cloud Plugfest series. These are very successful events in terms of getting people who are interested in writing code and using infrastructures to look at and use the standards-based implementations that we have.  If you would like to help host a Cloud Plugfest or smaller "meetup"-style event oriented at developers in your city or at a conference you are organizing, please let us know.

To express your opinions on future events or better yet, volunteer to help host or organize one so we don't pick wrongly from your point of view, please send a message to events at ogf.org or standards at ogf.org or directly to Andre Merzky, Andrew Grimshaw or myself, or to your area director or group leaders.

This is your organization and we depend on feedback from you to keep it going. At absolute minimum, please register your session requests or ideas for BoFs, new working or community group sessions or other activity at the OGF-44 call for session requests at the link below.

      https://www.ogf.org/ogf/doku.php/events/ogf-44

Alan Sill
VP of Standards

Open Grid Forum