[wg-all] Fwd: Cloud Federation Management workshop call for papers, and reminder of upcoming OGF events

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Wed May 28 17:11:21 EDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

Please see the attached call for papers on Cloud Federation Management: Identity, Resources and Applications as part of the 7th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2014) to be held December 8-11, 2014 -- London, UK

Craig is the immediate past president of OGF and has been active on this topic for a considerable amount of time, and David has also participated in many joint events and activities with OGF in many settings.

The web site is http://computing.derby.ac.uk/ucc2014

From the call, workshop topics will include but are not limited to the following:

·      Federated Identity Management
·      Federated Resource Management
·      Identity Attribute Management
·      Delegation of Trust
·      Trust Federations
·      Broker/Proxy Approaches
·      Authorization Attribute Name Space Management
·      Software-Defined Networks to support Cloud Fed Management
·      Big Data Management in Federated Environments
·      Mobile Federated Environments
·      Testbeds and Experimental Results
·      Federation Standards
·      Governance and Regulatory Issues
·      Adoption Challenges and Strategies

In addition, please note that OGF 41 is coming up soon with sessions in several topics to be scheduled as part of the XSEDE 2014 conference - see the following links for details.

  - https://conferences.xsede.org and for registration, https://s1.goeshow.com/ncsa/xsede/2014/reg.cfm
  - http://www.ogf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/events/ogf-41

The current schedule is online and browsable now at xsede14.sched.org - be sure to search and to mark your schedule for all of the sessions marked “Open Grid Forum Track”!

Plans for OGF 42 are for working group meetings to be held at the CAC 2014 conference September 8-12, 2014 at Imperial College in London. OGF is also so-sponsoring at this event the 2nd International Workshop on Autonomic Management of high performance Grid and Cloud Computing (AMGCC’14), chaired by David Wallom, Oxford eResearch Centre, University of Oxford, U.K., Myungho Lee, Myongji University, Korea and Soonwook Hwang, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information, Korea.

This excellent workshop attracted a lot of high-quality papers at the first of these events organized last year as part of CAC 2013, and we expect that the same standard will be met or exceeded this time in terms of high-quality papers and presentations.

  - http://autonomic-conference.org
  - http://htcaas.kisti.re.kr/wiki/index.php/AMGCC14

While the call for papers for the AMGCC’14 workshop is now closed, they might accept a late entry, so we encourage you to respond on the link above if you are interested in presenting at that workshop. Meanwhile we will be creating a call for session proposals page and an event page for OGF 42 just as soon as we are sure bout the number of available meeting rooms at the event. We expect most OGF sessions to take place during the early to middle portion of the CAC 2014 event, and the workshop is on the last day (Sep. 12).

 We expect that that most OGF groups will want to meet at the above event as part of OGF 42. In addition, the NSI group plans to meet and plan special sessions at the NorduNet 2014 conference taking place just a couple of weeks later, September 23-25, 2014 in Uppsala. (Watch for a new OGF publication as part of the growing NSI series to be issued at http://ogf.org/documents soon!)

  - https://events.nordu.net/display/NORDU2014/

Discussions are already underway for OGF events in the spring and summer of 2015. We organize these for the convenience and value of the community, which is you, so please speak up if you would like to see an OGF event or workshop at an event you are organizing or plan to attend, or if you have preferences for an OGF stand-alone event to take place in a certain date range or location.

We exist to serve the community, and are always happy to hear from you! Please send feedback to events at ogf.org or standards at ogf.org as appropriate.

- Alan

Begin forwarded message: