[wg-all] OGF news, OGF NomCom and Fwd: SC14 Workshop Proposals due February 7th

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Fri Jan 31 16:01:14 EST 2014

Dear OGF community,

We had a terrific set of meetings over the three days of OGF 40 and associated meetings of the IGTF EUGridPMA and SCI working groups and EGI Federated Cloud that were co-located in Oxford or nearby in Abingdon Jan. 15-18. Much progress was made by all of the working groups that met there, and much benefit from the associated co-location.

We expect to organize working group meetings also at the XSEDE 2014 conference and will be in touch with you about other meeting locations that have been discussed. The NSI-WG in particular will be looking for opportunities to take its newly completed work now in public comment into implementation and will be organizing sessions and engagement opportunities, we understand, at different conferences. The OCCI, GLUE and BES groups also continue to be very involved in implementation work and we are considering possible changes to the organization of OGF and its activities to further support such implementations in an even stronger way.

To this end, please take note of the call for workshops at SuperComputing 2014, which is nearing its final deadline for proposals next week Friday, Feb. 7 2014.  If you are doing work within OGF that needs to be exposed to a broad community for input and/or adoption, or if you are doing interesting work of any kind that would be appropriate for a workshop at SC'14, we hope you will respond. Please also feel free to call to our attention other opportunities of this kind to get our work (your work) into public view and to help people adopt and take appropriate advantage of your results.

OGF will be happy to consider requests for co-locaing meetings and/or scheduling workshops (such as the successful Cloud Plugfest series) at conferences, or for hosting a stand-alone OGF meeting at your institution. Please contact me, Andre or the OGF Board chaired by Andrew Grimshaw or any member of the Grid Forum Steering Group with your suggestions and ideas.

Finally, OGF has also formed a new Nominating Committee (NomCom) chaired by Andre Merzky with the charge to communicate with all of the current Area Directors and GFSG members, find places in which open positions now exist or may exist in the near future, make suggestions to the OGF Board for replacements and generally to make suggestions for improvement and tuning of the OGF community, research and working group structure. Please communicate with Andre at merzky dot net if you have any questions or would like to serve on the nominating committee.

With best regards,
Alan Sill
VP of Standards

Begin forwarded message: