[wg-all] New Years greetings and new items of note for OGF

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Wed Jan 1 18:21:46 EST 2014

Happy New Year OGF participants!

Here are a couple of quick notes regarding our ongoing activities:

- We (meaning you) completed and published a large number of OGF documents last year. A complete list including all recent updates is available at the usual historical link,

  http://ogf.org/documents

- You may notice that this URL redirects automatically to its new home on the dokuwiki that now hosts most of the OGF pages. We made this switch late last year after a tremendous amount of work by your operations team including especially Andre Merzky, Greg Newby as Editor and myself to move, reorganize and also archive and keep available most of the old OGF pages in read-only mode for future reference. We made this switch primarily to improve the security and long-term maintainability of the OGF site, and also to permit hosting of "show-off" pages and tutorials prepared by our groups for our most popular and successful standards. As time goes on and we (that means you, coordinated through your group leads and area directors) fill out these pages and expand this material, we hope that the features that the new site supports will provide valuable resources for your projects and our stakeholder community.

- Registration for OGF 40, 15-17 Jan 2014 in Oxford, UK is still open and lodging, transportation and associated co-located event details are linked from the OGF 40 event pages at

http://www.ogf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/events/ogf-40

Or just visit the OGF home page at http://ogf.org and click on the "Events" link in the navigation sidebar to get there.

We hope you will register and also will take the time to explore the new site and to either send suggestions for further additional improvements or (better!) volunteer to help your group and area to get its materials on the web.

Note that these new ogf.org<http://ogf.org> features are intended to supplement the working group areas in the OGF Redmine at http://redmine.ogf.org used for document production, internal group organization, issue trackers and wikis, etc., not to replace them. Our intent was and is to have a more stable and easy to use platform for producing and hosting the externally-facing web site for OGF that we can grow and adapt to the community.

Again, please register for OGF 40 and look over the new site. Happy New Year and we hope to see many of you in a couple of weeks in Oxford.

Alan Sill
VP of Standards
Open Grid Forum