[wg-all] Call for Session Proposals and encouragement to book travel now for OGF 40, 15-17 January 2014, Oxford, UK

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Mon Nov 25 19:46:24 EST 2013

Dear OGF colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that the 40th gathering of the Open Grid Forum will be held Wednesday, 15 January through Friday, 17 January 2014 on the campus of Oxford University in the United Kingdom. We appreciate the hospitality of the Oxford e-Research Centre in helping to coordinate arrangements for this meeting.

This meeting should be of special interest to our Security and Infrastructure area working and community groups, as it will follow closely after meetings earlier in the week of the EGI Federated Cloud project and will be closely scheduled to be convenient to attendees of the EUGridPMA and SCI groups to be held in Abingdon, no far away. We encourage all OGF working groups to meet.

Registration links for OGF-40 will be announced shortly. Meanwhile we encourage you to book your travel and to make arrangements to attend this meeting. Meanwhile, the OGF-40 program committee encourages the submission of session request and proposals. These may include, but are not limited to the following topics:

	• OGF Chartered Group Sessions
	• Birds of a Feather (BoF) Sessions
	• Tutorials
	• Interop / plugfest sessions
	• Federated Identity and Delegation
	• Data/Storage
	• Identity Management and Virtual Organizations
	• Production Infrastructure Interoperability
	• Software Sustainability for Grids and Clouds
	• Green IT, Energy Efficiency
	• Inter-cloud interoperability and SLA management
	• Networking for Distributed Computing Infrastructures
	• Performance measurement of Grids and Clouds
	• Science Clouds at large scales
	• Grid and Cloud Security
	• Distributed Desktop Grid and Volunteer Computing
	• Emerging Distributed Infrastructure
	• Campus Grids and Clouds
	• Data Management in Grids and Clouds
	• Federated Infrastructure

Information on travel, lodging, and the Call for Session Proposals is available at the following link:

    http://www.ogf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/events/ogf-40

Information on travel and lodging is also available at the above link. ** Book your travel and lodging now! **

For future meetings, planning for subsequent events to fill out the rest of the 2014 calendar for OGF meetings is underway. At this time we plan on OGF meetings at the XSEDE’14 conference in July in Atlanta, and the EGI Technical Forum in Fall 2014. We are also investigating the possibility of another meeting in the US in the late Spring timeframe. The Oxford meeting in January will therefore be of especial interest to groups who need to meet at a location in Europe in the near future.

— The OGF Events team