[wg-all] Last-minute news about OGF 36, and welcome to the Astro-CG!

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Wed Oct 3 18:52:07 EDT 2012

Dear OGF colleagues,

As you have seen if you have registered (what??!? you haven't registered yet? then do it now, see below!), the schedule for OGF 36 in Chicago has been tweaked to align more closely with the eScience schedule, and to accommodate an additional session:

  - Wednesday lunch break is now 60 minutes, causing the first afternoon slot to start at 1pm.

  - The Wednesday morning session at 8:30 am is now the Green-IT BoF.

  - The NM/NMC draft discussion) has been merged into the NML-WG session on Monday, 3:30pm in 'Stetson E'.

We look forward to seeing everyone in Chicago.  If you have not yet registered, please do it now at http://www.ogf.org/OGF36/registration.php to get the pre-event full registration price rather than the on-site rates, which take effect October 5.

For the current complete schedule, please see http://www.ogf.org/OGF36/schedule/ .

We also take advantage of this opportunity to welcome the Astro-CG community group, which will hold its first official meeting at this OGF.  For further details, please see the session link at http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=2534

Finally, we take note of the extensive visibility and play of OGF standards at many sessions during the recent EGI Technical Forum in Prague.  For a representative example, please see the EGI FedCloud Task Force Demo presentation slides at

https://indico.egi.eu/indico/getFile.py/access?contribId=91&sessionId=12&resId=0&materialId=slides&confId=1019

Note there are many related sessions at OGF 36 that you will not want to miss if you are involved in production infrastructures, federated cloud, inter-cloud, production grid or related work, or in the integration of advanced networking and software deployment methods into production grid and cloud infrastructures.  We will also have a session explaining new development in OGF community and working group support tools, the new OGF Redmine, OGF processes and working group streamlining, engagement with other standardization activities, and interoperability topics.

Again, we look forward to seeing you in Chicago, and safe travels!

Alan

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Vice President of Standards, Open Grid Forum

Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics, TTU