[wg-all] [ogf-board] Request for input for OGF submissions to the ITU-T Joint Coordination Activity on Cloud Computing

Craig Lee lee at aero.org
Mon Dec 17 18:52:21 EST 2012

Alan,

I concur with all of your suggested documents.  While these are
presumably supposed to be cloud standards, I assume that we can propose
standards that are arguable "cloud-relevant".  (DFDL, WS-Agreement and
WS-Agreement-Negotiation would all be in this category.)

If federation and distributed resource management is a strong suit for
OGF, and since it's relevant to federated clouds, what about the
following documents concerning security and federation management:

GFD.159		Use of XACML Request Context to Obtain an Authorisation
Decision P-REC

GFD.158 	Use of SAML to retrieve Authorization Credentials 	P-REC

GFD.157 	Use of WS-TRUST and SAML to access a Credential Validation
Service 	P-REC

These are all P-RECs.  In fact, in terms of "preparing our submission",
do we want to pursue a "theme" of cloud federation as being the major
value that OGF brings to the table?  There are other INFO and CP docs
that we could reference.

What do others think?

--Craig