[wg-all] OGF 33 / EGI TF / Grid 2011 and other upcoming events - meet with your OGF colleagues!

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Tue Sep 20 02:42:01 CDT 2011

(Update: remaining OGF 34 schedule attached!)

Dear OGF working group colleagues,

We are in the midst of an exciting week, packed full of activities, working groups meetings, EGI and Grid 2011 event sessions and other associated opportunities.  It is truly a kaleidoscope of activity, full of excitement and activity for those involved.

*Please try to meet with your working groups* during this week, no matter how much activity there may be as a distraction to this activity.  We need to keep making progress on documents, OGF work products and discussion, so even if (especially if) you are involved with other competing or associated sessions, please try to find and discuss OGF topics with those of yoru colleagues who are here, both within and outside of the scheduled OGF sessions.

For those who are not here in Lyon, we look forward to seeing you at OGF 34 in Oxford, March 12-14, 2012, OGF 35 in Delft, June 2012 and/or OGF 36 in Chicago, October 2012.  There will also be many OGF-associated opportunities for interaction in association with other conferences and events of interest in our field - for example, at Supercomputing 2011, Nov. 12-18 in Seattle, at the IEEE CloudCom 2011, Nov. 28 - Dec. 1 in Athens, the ISGC 2012 and Open Science Grid All-Hands meetings in March in Taipei and Lincoln, Nebraska respectively, and at the XSEDE Workshop the week of July 16-20 in Chicago.

The schedule for the remaining sessions for this week is below.  As VP of Standards, it is my hope that you will take advantage of each and everyone of the opportunities both here and at each of the other events listed above to interact with your OGF colleagues and to make your contributions to the field through formulation and development of OGF standards, documents, workshops and projects.

If there is anything that I or the other folks involved with the organization of OGF can do to make your work more productive and your interactions more possible with other members of the distributed computing community at large, please let us know.  We look forward to interacting with you at the opportunities listed above, and in the working group e-mail and other discussion lists.

P.S.: Stay tuned to the OGF web site for upcoming changes to the underlying infrastructure as we work to modernize, streamline and promote communication with the OGF-related tools! Details to come as they are resolved.

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics, TTU
Vice President of Standards, Open Grid Forum

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Drane 162, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-834-5940  fax 806-834-4358  :

Tuesday, September 20
 	Rhone 4	St Clair 1	St Clair 2	St Clair 4
11:00		DRMAAv2 - An Introduction (90 mins)	NML-WG: status and proposals (90 mins)	GRAAP#1 (90 mins)
14:00	PGI-OGSA-BES-JSDL Joint Session (90 mins)	DRMAAv2 - C Language Binding(90 mins)	NML-WG: technical discussion (90 mins)	GRAAP#2 (90 mins)
16:00		DRMAAv2 - Java Language Binding (90 mins)	NML-WG: breakout session(90 mins)	jsdl-wg (90 mins)

Wednesday, September 21
 	St Clair 1	St Clair 2	St Clair 3a
11:00	PGI-OGSA-BES-JSDL Joint Session (90 mins)	Session 1. ISOD Workshop Industry presentations(90 mins)	OCCI - presentations(90 mins)
14:00	PGI-OGSA-BES-JSDL Joint Session (90 mins)	Session 2. ISOD Workshop - Research presentations(90 mins)	OCCI - discussions (90 mins)
16:00	Next Generation Usage Records (90 mins)	Session 3: ISOD RG deliverables and progress (90 mins)	OCCI & CDMI Integration (90 mins)

Thursday, September 22
 	St Clair 3b
11:00	NMC-WG 1(90 mins)
14:00	NMC-WG 2(90 mins)