[wg-all] Subversion repositories available; public comment period for FiTP extended

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Tue Dec 20 17:56:56 EST 2011

We have fixed some fairly major bugs that accrued in the access
methods for the repositories associated with our GridForge groups and
projects.  These are now, as far as we can tell, under control and
GridForge is availalble again with full access to its online source
code repository viewing and command-line or remote client subversion
authenticated checkout and commit functions.

A similar but different bug prevented public comment logon for some
users at the www.ogf.org documents Public Comment pages.  That has
been addressed, and to account for the fact that this may have
interfered with the public comment period for the Firewall Traversal
Protocol (FiTP) document currently under review by the GFSG, the
public comment period for this document has been extended until
January 9, 2012.

http://ogf.org/gf/docs/?public_comment

Please review this document over the holidays or early in the year,
and let us know if you encounter any difficulties in posting comments.

The "Task manager" functions in GridForge are still offline.

The subversion repository access has been switched from http to https
to protect account credentials in transit.  As a result, you will have
to change your access to any given repository accordingly.  The
command to do so for any working directory you may have already
checked out is as follows (thank to Andre Merzky for providing this):

svn switch --relocate http://forge.ogf.org/svn/repos/(your repos) \
  https://forge.ogf.org/svn/repos/(your repos)

The certificate supporting this is a self-signed one for now; we plan
to replace this with a commercial certificate shortly.

Thanks,
Alan for the hardworking OGF IT committee (let us know if you want to
join!)

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics, TTU
Vice President of Standards, Open Grid Forum

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Drane 162, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-834-5940  fax 806-834-4358  :