[wg-all] OGF22 Call For Participation

John Ehrig jehrig at inventures.com
Thu Nov 29 12:45:35 CST 2007

The Call for Participation (CFP) is now open for OGF22 which will be held in
Cambridge, Massachusetts USA from February 25 - 29, 2008.  A successful
event depends on great content which will come primarily from our community
so please visit http://www.ogf.org/OGF22/cfp.php to make your submission.
Hurry, as the CFP will close December 21!  We are seeking content related to
the following topics:

1) OGF CHARTERED GROUPS AND BOFS

2) OGF SPECIFICATION ADOPTION
Two weeks ago at SC07, OGF demonstrated interoperability of 12 OGF
specifications and announced the implementation of the HPC Basic Profile in
products being planned by Microsoft, Altair Engineering and Platform
Computing. These significant accomplishments show how the work of OGF is
being recognized as key to further adoption of grid technology.  This
multi-session track will build on the SC07 momentum by featuring
contributions from developers and users showcasing their work implementing
OGF specifications.

3) PHARMA/LIFE SCIENCES
The pharmaceutical industry and life sciences in general have begun to
depend on in silico experiments as critical elements in the path to
discovery. This has enabled exploration that is only limited by their
ability to access sufficient computing resources and to store and manage the
resultant mountain of data. Presentations and case studies from those that
have turned to Grid-based solutions to meet these needs are being solicited.

4) FINANCIAL SERVICES
The financial services industry is one of the early adopters, and successful
users, of Grid technology.  As the technology matures, new (and old) issues
emerge like expanding grids to support transactional workloads, data
management and movement, and putting policies in place for charging and
tracking usage.  We seek presentations and case studies that describe the
emerging issues the financial services industry is now facing in Grid.

5) OTHER COMMUNITY CONTENT
We also welcome submissions related to the following topics:
* HPC
* Virtualization
* Grid application and usage in eScience environments
* Grids in the IT data center
* Security
* Networking
* Visualization in a grid environment
* Grid application development

The CFP will close December 21, so please visit
http://www.ogf.org/OGF22/cfp.php and make your submission today!

Regards,

John Ehrig
Open Grid Forum
Enterprise and Marketing Program Manager
925 275-6677
www.ogf.org