[wg-all] Enterprise Grid Alliance and Global Grid Forum Complete Merger To Form Open Grid Forum

Linesch, Mark mark.linesch at hp.com
Mon Jun 26 16:24:16 CDT 2006

Dear GGF and EGA Members,

Today we announced that EGA and GGF have signed a definitive agreement
to form an exciting new organization called the "Open Grid Forum" (OGF).
Also announced was my appointment as President and CEO of our new
organization. I am deeply honored to be leading this effort and wanted
to personally welcome each of you to the new organization.

With today's announcement, we are now ready to complete the final phase
of our merger process. During the summer months, we will be working to
complete our integration activities including:

*	Finalizing the Board of Director and Operational leadership
*	Transitioning toward a single legal, financial and IT
infrastructure
*	Developing the information that best describes our
organizational structure and  processes
*	Welcoming new and existing members to our new membership program
and benefits
*	Developing our 2nd half '06 plans and priorities that deliver
tangible results to stakeholders

As we complete the integration over the next few months, I need each of
you to continue the work that you are doing in support of our mission
together. Existing GGF and EGA leaders remain in place to facilitate
progress during the integration phase. We will continue all technical
work and anticipate little if any disruption to group activities. Group
chairs will remain group chairs and groups will remain groups and I will
continue to place our emphasis on accelerating results.

The merger announcement press release and FAQ are available at
www.ogf.org. Information regarding our integration progress will be
available throughout the summer so check back often. You can also email
me directly at Linesch at ogf.org if you prefer. We are also planning
extensive outreach activities and a review of the new organization at
our "coming out party" during GridWorld/GGF18, September 11-14, 2006 in
Washington D.C.

Thanks to all our members for your ongoing support and encouragement!

Sincerely,

Mark