[wg-all] GGF16 Registration Deadline approaching

Steve Crumb scrumb at ggf.org
Thu Jan 26 14:16:40 CST 2006

1. GGF16 Registration
2. Introduction to Grids Tutorial
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. GGF16 Registration
Register for GGF16 today!  Discounted registration prices end on February 3rd.
Over 60 group sessions have been scheduled as well as a robust, regional and
community program with topics like:

- Production Grids in the Enterprise
- Defining the Grid
- Grid Architecture Experts Workshop
- Space-Related Grid Applications
- Semantic Grids
- JSDL
- Grid Authorization
- Globus Toolkit Version 4: Status and Experiences
- caGrid-Interoperable Infrastructure for Cancer Research

You can find a link to the online schedule at:
http://www.ggf.org/GGF16/ggf_events_schedule_ggf16.htm

2. Introduction to Grids Tutorial

One of the program highlights of GGF16 is a "Grid Primer for Managers" to be
presented by GridWise Technologies on Monday, February 13, from 1:30-5:00
pm.  This half-day management-level Grid technology tutorial is primarily
focused on the newcomers to the Grid industry.
This tutorial will answer the questions:

- What is Grid computing? Why and how is it useful in business?
- What is Grid technology? Is it usable? What is the state of the market?
- What does a Grid architecture and Grid application mean?
- Why and how should I migrate to a Grid architecture?
- Why should I grid-enable my software product, and how do I go about it?
- What are the solutions existing on the market, and how do I choose among
them?

Participation in this tutorial requires separate registration and carries a
$150 fee.  You may either add this tutorial to your existing registration
for GGF16 or may register for the tutorial separately.  To register, please
visit: http://www.regonline.com/eventinfo.asp?EventId=85012%20

Steve Crumb
Executive Director, Global Grid Forum
scrumb at ggf.org