[wg-all] GGF14 Updates

Steve Crumb scrumb at ggf.org
Tue Jun 7 11:19:16 CDT 2005

1. GGF14 Registration
2. GGF14 Hotel Reservations
3. Grid Primer for Managers Tutorial

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. GGF14 Registration

Registration for GGF14 in Chicago, June 27-30 at the Westin Michigan
Avenue, continues to be open.  Over 80 group sessions have been scheduled
as well as a robust, community-oriented track with topics like:

- Network-Centric Operations
- Education Communities and the Grid
- Applying Grid Computing Research to Commercial Information Retrieval
Applications
- Space-Related Grid Applications
- Semantic Grids and the Agents Community
- Supporting New Grid Communities
- "Why, how and when to invest in working with GGF"- Improving Interaction
between Grid Standards and Projects Community Workshop
- Grid Applications: From Early Adopters to Mainstream Users
- Healthcare Security and Privacy: Is GGF doing enough to meet the needs of
the Healthcare Industry?
- Globus Toolkit Version 4: Status and Experiences Community Workshop
- Science Gateways: Common Community Interfaces to Grid Resources

For more information on the GGF14 schedule, please visit
http://www.ggf.org/ggf_events_next_schedule.htm.

2. GGF's special room rates at the Westin have been extended until Sunday,
June 12th.  Be sure to book your hotel room today!  Lodging information can
be found at http://www.ggf.org/ggf_events_next_lodging.htm.

3. Grid Primer for Managers Tutorial

One of the program highlights of GGF14 is a "Grid Primer for Managers"
to be presented by GridWise Technologies on Monday, June 27, from 1:00-5:00
pm.  This half-day management-level Grid technology tutorial is primarily
focused on the newcomers to the Grid industry.  No technical experience is
necessary to attend the tutorial, however some general background in
information technology is preferred. The workshop will consist of
presentations on the characteristics of a grid, examples of existing
solutions and installations, and live demonstrations of Grid
products.  This tutorial will answer the questions:

- What is Grid computing? Why and how is it useful in business?
- What is Grid technology? Is it usable? What is the state of the market?
- What does a Grid architecture and Grid application mean?
- Why and how should I migrate to a Grid architecture?
- Why should I grid-enable my software product, and how do I go about it?
- What are the solutions existing on the market, and how do I choose among
them?

Participation in this tutorial requires separate registration and carries a
$90 fee.  You may either add this tutorial to your existing registration
for GGF14 or may register for the tutorial separately.  To register, please
visit: http://www.regonline.com/eventinfo.asp?EventId=23544

Steve Crumb
Executive Director, Global Grid Forum
+1 630-252-8610 (Office)