[WEBMASTER] Important policy changes for Google Account storage

Google noreply at google.com
Sat Dec 12 15:34:32 EST 2020

Dear Google User,

We are writing to let you know that we recently announced new storage
policies for Google Accounts using
Gmail<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEw_MjHY3RXAIjZb1G-QfERbgHSRNCfCKaXky5Gb0lnlwjf0HoiYCXJe807jeZp_X5QhzWokybEWtmQ7Zc8ISOIfhPXMOjZ6lk-zdffX2adfpWX7>,
Google
Drive<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnExRcI61RwWI9a6uo_MGX82ksBIDFBSe5u9nQ2YgOWwQig7LVs5PnbbAa7jwCBtE33eCxM5s8socyiRbC2ZY_lNp257lEILDnOH4z5yZxKVzfBI4SKBF>
(including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard
files) and/or Google
Photos<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnExoX1DYp-bl7ffro83-kKN5WiaJVE1XvHV-Lmxu2iq-PjMDp6h1DjzJps-v2_GaC67-1SKDOLIFDYC-Jy5puDJv3yN5-8hgboVnxY2h5EjRIszKP3bm4joAgw>
that bring us in line with industry practices. Since you have previously
used one or more of these products in your Google Account
storage<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwoU5UD1W5G4lziPFDiYnxQmg5U8I3qNW0vWmH5bStHvF0DBy1Wa5cELXzFdrBCdSBmPgyopC5UwMpASQkReXhI4YPGbTI-YGkdqXVoxLPF1ruklbHH-9p81MTUO-egK83E_1TJoquiWkXQHnkF5SAoAYPczGLa3sFGfn2_lknI_w>,
we wanted to tell you about the new policies well before they go into
effect on June 1, 2021. Below is a summary of the new policies. Please
reference our Help Center
article<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyJP86VrxFx5lQQS4wu2QcoE_z-eNjSqWrnx0w_xJcO6nodfvzWDiIQic8-rhYRE_PQ5bWYkx59iZqh14kHnOkxyPyF1cJ2JMZkrlcnIVa3VQxnQ4iJEKR6UXaIq3mc55ViT6dUOZ_iis7N>
for a complete list of what's changing.

Summary of the new policies (effective June 1, 2021):

- If you're
inactive<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEw0k2RCoQdxbDYYXyL9ufCX9ZyBMVx4QTTpusqz88ucOUL5K2YXL6JUrcPUkJ-10cgkDQVy4pkdf88bKPIuISF1H_mGfXfxF3qk0aq-yQCWDgy_ZCCwTeO5fN6ewc3Z2qKRTXbAEfZxCw>
for 2 years (24 months) in Gmail, Drive or Photos, we may delete the
content in the product(s) in which you're inactive. Google
One<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzTjNBfChZiL5ZeqhgOaue-3uA1AdxCo74Iaav4kBW-ZsfXyo78cU0BNUN6z8tGc1Asn-VOIIVub4Ku1cKXKMxqZuIFxlb0cP5bntaYb-KWSL9BCsADRLpkt8RZTCUxnHm1o1TCdakVPuGJ-va_YyzPNAC8OA>
members who are within their storage quota and in
good-standing<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEx-o1L-7Y9ME6Zupnr2JpSPxb3Q3QLXCLCMAgtX2ugzjXxjjTsb-iKXaz9cyE8G26km8b9EL7cvtQXOdHS3MLDzPmcpd6A4D6t9BDmZ_DNjLgPhtd9TYM3dGU20ARBrvNRC8dc>
will not be impacted by this new inactive policy.

- If you exceed your storage limit for 2 years, we may delete your content
across Gmail, Drive and Photos.

What this means for you:

- You won't be impacted by these changes unless you've been inactive or
over your storage limit for 2 years. As this policy goes into effect June
1, 2021, the earliest it would be enforced is June 1, 2023.

- After June 1, 2021, if you are either inactive or over your storage
limit, we will send you email reminders and notifications in advance and
prior to deleting any content.

- Even if you are either inactive or over your storage limit for one or
more of these services and content is deleted, you will still be able to
sign in.

- Note: The inactivity and over quota storage policies will apply only to
consumer users of Google services. Google Workspace, G Suite for Education
and G Suite for Nonprofits policies are not changing at this time, and
admins should look to the Admin Help
center<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEywxCswRCbyWrRTRxxJq9qwLw5JaAnauA7V3JbiZQnxbwYULPZA4YNxW3moiFmkeygIxHsMfi9gwBBLf9atRbDLfHjgEDFK_kXcb-VxTWwqCIb4S6h0cttZH8IKPtA>
for storage policies related to their subscriptions.

Learn more about how to keep your account active

- To learn more about how to remain active with these products, visit this
Help Center
page<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwnRRFO9dPk-WNIXcZchZ-R7NMfhsJtkQVHJQ0dd_E3MeMNgxJW-iymnu_vO0ohNOtv8nKVwBCEG0R4sp9JGrWqIkYZKVJQKLKunHWF0hnf3fdyqpJvENn22iuurKASVOlsHdQENAdDDE0pLNZakg0_>.

- The Inactive Account
Manager<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEz55VgOBT99YdjM9MqycQRVb4XTh76ev3Rlc384BESdv3uVeff4j9NxwwmQrjsG6XmOBGZ4vfItfuzhrp87FZoh4n-6NT0aPCgzswn7wzzN-W8qJQc7ExMgEkpGdAyMYunE5tqBgA>
can help you manage specific content and notify a trusted contact if you
stop using your Google Account for a certain period of time (between 3-18
months). Note: the new 2 year inactive policy will apply regardless of your
Inactive Account Manager settings. You can learn more about these changes
and ways to manage your or a loved one's account in our Help
Center<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzPCRXOZ3xa4pcQ8Im1aOFdT-zvOwDd98nT9lM7QVluphySC5cUWnaQ1sknuxttBK86prr8aAIP9pd1HjM8fS31x7wKPOb2wQRdHDK0w8OGHmdxOdnAQYZr3HF6WvpoWrD-8g>.

Learn how to manage your storage

- Learn more about the over quota
policy<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEy3R1w4q7Hcl3AtI_aoyuWfqJk9lUhVVrmZqFE7i83rmz14mfbGOhrhSuOs1CtQ0C3rdMB3d2K8xho9AD-4JVliBs9uRfpxzv6inshKHHKSQenftcky0xRNMRXvLwF9sHctjvO4dFZtmhdi4zHg2nPyKc8>
and what counts against storage
quota<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzhpgYP9PDwRNGVOQtLnkk3xshV14AlUFrKpztnfJzJeRfgTvO3imFna0nvNtT_OtimfX5EQklvnC8RA5h6ldGh23iMIauZUFCfKbJmRzVXpAiFY0ozJlsca-WGeOHF1SDLwfAIGKal78mG5g>.

- You can use the free storage manager in the Google One
app<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnExBuJxCgqM0_PxovuAWcde0Xqt9cZHonDSQcog_VGq647CIDKcctQULjzQDmnxmKB1oRtXUwt4xMNHrv56ZIqN4hRBspVw-U6dRjQPRcrGlmvbbldRg0tf51RdVVCwWLOn543ZQLbXVAWIxUZt6lXC050M5VgnHgCQa8Wf9KIKRh0KVYg>
and on the
web<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyr7_NiVF1kxprtL7eroinazGkvmLmh-xlVNdHwaDGJ7YcVh9gy0LL0lPxsoIqs628b0a9XTEUn2oipIn8o4agDI_x53NQKweeUkHwM8g4kv_pbqCY05VbUPRXULLUuPcVgox9xOpZcvyfNNsxzsg6Gfw29tml_qtX5eq3sD9wH8pLg>
to see how you're using your Google Account storage, and free up space
across Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos.

Thank you for using our services.
Your Google Team

© 2020 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory email announcement to update you about
important information related to your Google Account.