[WEBMASTER] Important policy changes for Google Account storage

Google noreply at google.com
Wed Dec 16 07:09:13 EST 2020

Dear Google User,

We are writing to let you know that we recently announced new storage
policies for Google Accounts using
Gmail<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwpMFtaUeKwIlBMItUsunqqWVB8vssKuEA1aGqmVgy9MkwHZKWSLh_X2g5CehVYwoeEG1wwD_85odc43nsSu3rgx20Rj0igGFrE-5CRyd8JdB_9>,
Google
Drive<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyKyeRnaQbyt_fiev2iqE_XoUJ2unxs8an3O35DnchKfLcsrNY6UgyRE9LxjjpDaRIH0cIMQMHIXjMjUgcRYzper6RZPKPDZq2_1iwVsRJuINghEHAe>
(including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard
files) and/or Google
Photos<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnExvj2fAlqxGJFpFYop1Rvom4EGRpUC78l6Gqm9yuIzQzwdVasvcOamUXgCkRXbYbMEMiYeBZatJT8OqO9jy8ydz5LT-5G-F-35KVSyxpOFRjSPrrbCpLBKQeg>
that bring us in line with industry practices. Since you have previously
used one or more of these products in your Google Account
storage<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyaB34rfOJj1NpW0EQ9n9itcXVIkZ4n37xIwl_05pxqb0yDlqU1_JQJ_texl3GjLt-0xkZA_hSWn-IAXyGMLS8DCuyuBjorG29GmA8O22q641HzXgWgbwA9CYrEdX1N5VHuUN664gn9g-7flC1FXNBdUcUZkVoBNAl28Jv6yJdTpg>,
we wanted to tell you about the new policies well before they go into
effect on June 1, 2021. Below is a summary of the new policies. Please
reference our Help Center
article<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwnJXovZE4picgpLtMwHrSrgQJB0IVqmjMI3GDUzEbdXcQDuGvwcf7nlkdPIIvwEiehSsEQ2MhTQKQimK3tV6tPijCyxdNNJQu1gVCz3n95nhfxvef289_dGXl86dvQ45s3Et2pnW4YYaoS>
for a complete list of what's changing.

Summary of the new policies (effective June 1, 2021):

- If you're
inactive<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzadJdJR0H1obd1MEPcaLoGDFgW4p-H0XDecki_1SjT8wxBPZ-Yz7JG34OuRp5cjztbZMU4o6SjA4P7WT0s12OsjcUx6v8x_FvEY1yIfniFdH43xBqpVfh5rE2W_2_J7Qbbnz5T5zTRHA>
for 2 years (24 months) in Gmail, Drive or Photos, we may delete the
content in the product(s) in which you're inactive. Google
One<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzP6yQujS2sYSSfqs12LyFuQAXcL6rFSVauYIt-L7izfudmJaEgNvpK5sa4EQRwfNjQgQ-h2GYuogf-cARodV8y4eIcO8BXgqrj5AnV3IcfXnDqSMRMXRvyYyB58JMM2ptiJoH1B1rUuWw1etbHYWr6If8JIg>
members who are within their storage quota and in
good-standing<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzp4442gE_H-XZ6BS2cw2GaKx59YpxKyR8g-12Dc7OE1uqM2OoIfuKGbdYn-N6xp-mbJClpzQWhZ2-UMR8d_Dty-F7KxIpNxYq_twBicRvTJDUnVXyCnaKP8Jdtw8rlFqeq5EI>
will not be impacted by this new inactive policy.

- If you exceed your storage limit for 2 years, we may delete your content
across Gmail, Drive and Photos.

What this means for you:

- You won't be impacted by these changes unless you've been inactive or
over your storage limit for 2 years. As this policy goes into effect June
1, 2021, the earliest it would be enforced is June 1, 2023.

- After June 1, 2021, if you are either inactive or over your storage
limit, we will send you email reminders and notifications in advance and
prior to deleting any content.

- Even if you are either inactive or over your storage limit for one or
more of these services and content is deleted, you will still be able to
sign in.

- Note: The inactivity and over quota storage policies will apply only to
consumer users of Google services. Google Workspace, G Suite for Education
and G Suite for Nonprofits policies are not changing at this time, and
admins should look to the Admin Help
center<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwjtS-ylVWhKRARh0NDRvd3uUvUx3rdeGXWTwwQHhsJZtYIHFz4GRildjoGw16-y8PwJYdXDkOx5XVm2hzjhNbTLCu4MWM_dijExDXHNCPl_z-u4e1fgmn4Phnx57k>
for storage policies related to their subscriptions.

Learn more about how to keep your account active

- To learn more about how to remain active with these products, visit this
Help Center
page<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEz7lvse_MsHj029Iu5nM2G161hBVIMAjQOxQGtYvsdpld3KKkL0fQn_Ff81T8f8rDR3gMcGAE5GH7VAeMFqsZfhvnAezCCoqcfWr1IwUGCm694UfnQ91ViEBMzGc9aHuvdl4GcXc0xuZ3cfbr1Ekrv_>.

- The Inactive Account
Manager<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwoQbrgaYziVgQ903_IZJEPZI--bsZ4NYSs6wJ45Lsbos0EsB6bQCdkvNpJdqKjkdIthvvhVc9phwB-xbzrI-ULZnstLjqlLLtmix_N79t6bHvW-iq_R1KGNQtOGeAqPxu4rTGpsA>
can help you manage specific content and notify a trusted contact if you
stop using your Google Account for a certain period of time (between 3-18
months). Note: the new 2 year inactive policy will apply regardless of your
Inactive Account Manager settings. You can learn more about these changes
and ways to manage your or a loved one's account in our Help
Center<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEz1hGNHzOdxJbDVg7solLkMWS85FeXl1q2u3yKCHQbRM2gR1xfVye5oR3KFEunNNFUxlL20w1KMT3dAlunU873ZhkE06mtymaVHky3F4E213kP_Z9wbUhqVo_7_v5oNz7aQZw>.

Learn how to manage your storage

- Learn more about the over quota
policy<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEys3ysIDMgandvC48LlM7b4OJk_3BE1G-64OGuuLvzC4NuzX0GUyTSc_w1IPfs3fhdiYEwDFbF0JfaWNO6YDfWjO9qx_lSYlmqTMF5lDR3cuC3sDGsjtky0k5k4W-uedx7mdlUZXBlLsb2upTUm8KUypkk>
and what counts against storage
quota<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyspwLUzeaLMtT2bLGohEBdqpm8khx5UNybxpa29_6dcUPBkA5rKERLR_XsM8c6MQQF_q1M1TgePgx2LsmW_Y_8ygPCXB7OyNLcn6VW0VHblS_T9mxWTzHyGrEQEIimC9FuIDZh-9cYXrhI-A>.

- You can use the free storage manager in the Google One
app<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyRpkGUefFfzdkhVNj5DRAal36Cifcfc5SB9sLcsmhbrFG5cBAOEoiPotsUWhwcXVnozHZZ8WvdK3wO_vWK_OWGyebvB5Ks9yagWHLBwTrC0uKuF_zYa01v2uf-87nlSUKa4cNh3AmBvCGA3b8vOFjXQcMm8Rov80uNDK2R0MHmedQtPA>
and on the
web<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzM5r_PeGQK_A04tmJbpszf4490VsjcfZI3rllQq_UAXfGRyt8ZIhXWiYCk0xMdjHWvgSTBXW1VAUjQWYgtm-kj0fUwwW2kLlYjZ2v1fI99Es6NXgkUE6xLzhu_JPZYFkMaWMnFEHwabN_xUJT5PsK0ucYJhNvEMoQ9zyA5xgvvGKN9>
to see how you're using your Google Account storage, and free up space
across Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos.

Thank you for using our services.
Your Google Team

© 2020 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory email announcement to update you about
important information related to your Google Account.