[userserv-wg] Merged Group Name?

Laura McGinnis lfm at psc.edu
Wed Mar 23 15:06:45 CST 2005

We have most of the material ready to send to the GGF Steering Group to
request the merger of the Production Grid Management and Grid User Services
Research Groups.  The last this we need is a really good group name.

At GGF13, we referred to the merged group as "Production Grid Services",
which was an easy combination of the two original group names. On
reflection, though, I'm concerned that this might imply some sort of grid
or web services code base, which is exactly NOT what this group is about.

So here are a few other ideas I wanted to bounce around:

Grid Operations Management (GOM-RG)
Grid Management Forum (GMF-RG)
Grid Management and User Issues (GMAUI-RG)

Are any of these obvious winners? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

Prompt response to this would be appreciated,  so we can get the
rechartering request into the Steering Group quickly. It would be nice to
have the merger completed before GGF14.

thx
LM

Laura F. McGinnis
Project Coordinator: Data & Information Resource Services
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center        4400 Fifth Avenue, #
409D       Pittsburgh, PA 15213
email: lfm at psc.edu                      voice:
412-268-5642             fax: 412-268-5832