[UR-WG] Next phone meeting on 16th of October at 15:00 CEST

Ralph Mueller-Pfefferkorn ralph.mueller-pfefferkorn at tu-dresden.de
Tue Oct 16 11:00:34 EDT 2012

Dear all,

as todays skype call was cancelled due to low participation here my
comments per mail:

Site:
The second sentence is confusing me: "This property should contain a
descriptive name of the group of resources which are accounted for in
the record."
It sounds like it means a group of resources at a site and not the site
itself.

Status/ExitStatus:
Beside the pure status description I see another use case: Was this a
useful/valid job for/of the user and thus be accountable? But this would
need that - in case of failure - it states if the problem was caused by
the application or the resource.
The ExitStatus is an undefined numerical value - it could be everything
and thus hard to interpret except by the resource owner and the user.

HostType:
Its a nice to know but I don't see a real use case. In the storage area
we have already a description of the storage with StorageMedia,
StorageClass.
In the compute area what should it state? The job ran on a cluster, an
SMP machine ...?

Regards,
Ralph