[UR-WG] Next phone meeting -> 10th of July 15:00 CEST

Andrea Cristofori andrea.cristofori at cnaf.infn.it
Tue Jul 17 06:59:40 EDT 2012

Hi Jon,

I changed a bit the definition of StartTime and EndTime to remove the
word 'valid'.

On 07/17/2012 01:57 PM, Jon Kerr Nilsen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As discussed in the previous phone meeting, we already had decided in
> February that StartTime and EndTime should be used instead of
> MeasureTime and Time- or ValidDuration. So I've now updated
> https://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.ur-wg/wiki/StARUpdates to
> include descriptions of StartTime and EndTime (text repeated below).
> All, please have a look and see if the descriptions are reasonable, so
> that I can push it to EMI and then back to the review process.
>

>       StartTime
>
> This property describes a timestamp indicating the time at which the
> measured resource consumption started. Together with EndTime (see
> section 2.4.18) this defines a period over which the measurement is
> 'valid' This can be a real time of integral or the time when the last
> measurement was taken until this one.

Together with EndTime (see section 2.4.18) this defines a period over
which the measurement is 'valid'  -> Together with EndTime (see section
2.4.18) this defines a period over which the resource has been consumed.

>   * The StartTime field MUST be present in the record.
>   * The StartTime field type MUST be an ISO timestamp.
>
> Example
> <sr:StartTime>2010-10-11T09:31:40Z</sr:StartTime>
>

>       EndTime
>
> This property describes a timestamp indicating the time at which the
> measured resource consumption ended. Together with StartTime (see
> section 2.4.17) this defines a period over which the measurement is
> 'valid' This can be a real time of integral or the time when the last
> measurement was taken until this one.

Together with StartTime (see section 2.4.17) this defines a period over
which the measurement is 'valid' -> Together with StartTime (see section
2.4.17) this defines a period over which the resource has been consumed.

>   * The EndTime field MUST be present in the record.
>   * The EndTime field type MUST be an ISO timestamp.
>
> Example
> <sr:EndTime>2010-10-12T09:29:42Z</sr:EndTime>
>

> cheers,
> Jon
>
> On 9. juli 2012, at 15:11, Jon Kerr Nilsen wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just as a timely reminder of the phone meeting tomorrow 15:00 CEST,
>> here's the agenda:
>>
>> - Discuss the updates to StAR after the public comment period
>> - Requirements and use cases
>> - AOB
>>
>> For the first point, there were three new properties to be defined,
>> Site, ResourceCapicityAllocated and TimeDuration (that should replace
>> ValidDuration). I've started defining the new properties under
>> https://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.ur-wg/wiki/StARUpdates,
>> but I would very much appreciate input before I take the changes to EMI.
>>
>> For the second point, one of our not completely closed requirements
>> is about timing (start time, end time, measure time, creation time).
>> Andrea and I have had some discussions with a rather high
>> TimeDuration, and it has become clear that we need some input on what
>> time related properties to use, both in StAR and UR 2.0. So, if there
>> is time left we should have a discussion on time properties.
>>
>> Hear you to morrow (if you have time)!
>>
>> cheers,
>> Jon
>>
>> On 29. juni 2012, at 14:43, Andrea Cristofori wrote:
>>

>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> We should resume, after last OGF, the usual phone meetings. What do
>>> you think if we move our next meeting to the 10th of June? Usual
>>> time: 15:00 CEST.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Andrea
>>>

>>> --