[UR-WG] Reminder: Telcon meeting today 28.02.2012 @ 15:00 CET

Mike Jones mike.jones at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Feb 28 08:21:57 EST 2012

Do I understand from this that your wish is to use usage records to populate
local BDII/MDS information systems with current status information which
adheres to the Glue schema?

If that is the case then surely status information fed directly into the
BDII/GRIS infrastructure is the better approach.

If system snapshots are taken for the generation of URs then why not use this
data directly to populate BDII/GRIS, send status data their way and at the
same time create URs and send usage data to the systems the rely upon URs;
rather than encode as UR then decode UR to insert into BDII/GRIS/GIIS.

Or have I missed something?

Mike