[UR-WG] move to new chairs process.

john.gordon at stfc.ac.uk john.gordon at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Nov 4 18:10:12 CDT 2011

Yes that helps.

Thanks
John

Andre Merzky <andre at merzky.net> wrote:

Hi guys,

if I may chime in,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 10:33 PM,  <john.gordon at stfc.ac.uk> wrote:
> I thought it was more that one should be from US and one from europe but since you have documentary evidence I withdraw the suggestion..

OGF will never veto a (set of) group chair(s) as long as there is
confidence that
they get the job done, no matter where they are from.  What will raise
eyebrows is
when the all chair candidates represent the same small fraction of the
group.  The
US/EU/Asia distribution rule was once a useful measure to ensure that
this does not
happen - but if it is obvious that the chairs can provide a balanced
representation
of the group, their origin does not matter at all...

Hope that helps,

  Andre.

Nothing is ever easy...
--