[UR-WG] move to new chairs process.

Mike Jones mike.jones at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Nov 4 12:38:15 CDT 2011

Folks,

I've had a response from Andre and Joel.  It seems the WG needs to propose new
chairs via Andre M. who must then choose whether to ratify this, that is all.
I have suggested that we will agree chairs amongst ourselves by the end of the
next telecon.

IIRC we haven't formally agreed as a working group who should chair the new
group.  So we need a process for this.  The best documented guidance I can find
for the removal of existing and the proposing of new chairs is RFC 2418 ss4
[via GFD-C3 ss3.5]. And in the spirit of other OGF processes we should do this
by consensus.  We'd also like to do this quickly!

I move to start the process of chair selection and propose using the following
criteria:

1, We should have 1 chair or 2 co-chairs [GFD-C3 ss 4.3.1]
2, There should be a proposer and seconder for each.
3, Each person may propose one person and second one person (and may not
propose or second themselves!)
4, The proposed person must agree to take on the responsibility. :-)
5, Nomination shall close by the start of the next telecon (15th Nov 2011)
6, We should conclude the process at the next telecon where there are at least
four participants.
6, Consensus will be reached when there are no objections by persons on the
telecon.
7, After the telecon I shall pass on our selection to Andre.

Can we agree to this?

Mike