[UR-WG] Aggregated usage records in SGAS

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at ndgf.org
Thu Sep 23 06:28:25 CDT 2010

Hi Bart

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Bart Heupers wrote:

> How do you handle jobs that use more cpu's or cores (MPI jobs) in
> aggregated usage records?

aggregated walltime = cores * walltime

aggregated cputime is just cputime (as that is usually aggregated already)

> For DEISA we are currently using the following summary or aggregate
> record which was defined with AUR in mind, but we introduced a the
> JobTime which is defined as the WallTime times the number of CPU's or
> cores, so that we can meaningfully add jobs that use different number of
> cpu's. Ad it was renamed to SummaryRecord because it seemed more
> descriptive.

So we do the same. You have a better name for it though :-).

> For these summary records we currently sum all there records for which
> StartTime >= (EndTime of UsageRecord) < Endtime.  StartTime of period is
> inclusive and Endtime is exclusive. I think it is import to define this.

You are right. For SGAS this would just be startime 00:00 and 24:00
endtime for all days. Your model is more generic and allows arbitrary time
resolution, and I would prefer to have that in a standard.

     Best regards, Henrik

  Software Developer, Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at ndgf.org>
  Nordic Data Grid Facility. WWW: www.ndgf.org