[UR-WG] Aggregate records - StartTime EndTime

Bart Heupers bart at sara.nl
Tue Sep 29 07:15:52 CDT 2009

Hello,

The proposal for aggregate records :

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/listDocuments/projects.ur-wg/docman.root.current_drafts.aggregate_ur_schema

specifies the StartTime and EndTime of the aggregation, but I need some
additional clarification.

It does not specify what timestamp is used in the original Usage Records
to check wether the record is in the specified interval. I tend to
compare with the EndTime of the job. Then it is at least finished. But
EndTime is a optional property. Is anybody interested in aggregated
records of jobs without EndTime?

The other thing which is unclear is whether the comparison with
StartTime and EndTime are inclusive or not. The example in the document
tends to suggest it is inclusive.(although the hour 11 should be 23)

<urf:StartTime urf:description="">2001-11-
01T00:00:00</urf:StartTime>
    <urf:EndTime urf:description="">2001-11-
30T11:59:59</urf:EndTime>

It seems logical to me that the StartTime is inclusive, but for the
EndTime it is less clear.

If you want to select a month you can either select inclusive :

2001-11-01T00:00:00 <= "time of job"
AND
2001-11-30T23:59:59 => "time of job"

or exclusively for the EndTime

2001-11-01T00:00:00 <= "time of job"
AND
2001-12-01T00:00:00 > "time of job"

With the latter is easier to specify a period of a month, but I have no
problem with the inclusive version. But I think it should be made clear
in the recommendation.

Best regards,

--
Bart Heupers,