[UR-WG] [RUS-WG] Minutes from the OGF20 sessions

Javier Lopez Cacheiro jlopez at cesga.es
Fri May 18 08:26:58 CDT 2007

Hi,

In the EGEE/WLCG accounting portal we also use "summary" instead of
"aggregate" to refer to this type of records that we produce from the
individual records.

"Aggregate" could be reserved for the case where you collect records
proceeding from different producers but without summarizing them.

Cheers,
Javier

Stephen M Pickles wrote:
>>> - About the name: currently Aggregate Usage Record (AUR),
>>>
>> or would the
>>
>>> name Summary Usage Record/SUR be more appropriate, since
>>>
>> aggregation can
>>
>>> also mean just a set of single URs without summing the
>>>
>> usage values up?
>>
>> I think I'd prefer Summary UR. It's much clearer about it's purpose.
>>

> I also prefer "Summary" to "Aggregate". When I use the latter,
> I always seem compelled to embark on a long-winded explanation.
> "Summary" is clearer.
>
> Stephen
>
> --

Dr. Javier Lopez Cacheiro
Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avda. de Vigo. s/n (Campus Sur)
15705 Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
Tel: +34 981 56 98 10 ; Fax: +34 981 59 46 16
email: jlopez at cesga.es ; http://www.cesga.es/