[ur-wg] Usage Record Schema, v1.0, candidate 1

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 10:15:50 CDT 2006

Hi everyone!

As discussed on the concall (if you weren't there, where were you?)
we're going to push out a version 1.0 of the usage record spec that is
compatible with the existing specs so generators need minimal/no change
to adapt, and then work on a version 2 of the specs that will allow us
to properly answer the issues raised by our last public comment round.

As part of that, please find attached a candidate for the version 1.0
schema. What follows is a total summary of *all* changes from the schema
released for the second public comment period; everything else is the
same.

   * The schema namespace has been changed to be GFD.58-compatible. New
     schema namespace is:
        http://schemas.ggf.org/ur/2006/06/usage.xsd
   * A copyright declaration has been added.
   * A documentation-annotation has been added to the Status element's
     declaration to note that BES state names SHOULD be legal State
     values.
   * A documentation-annotation has been added to the metric attribute's
     global declaration to explain what it is meant for. A matching
     doc-annotation has been added to the UR type declaration. That
     should help make it less misunderstood!

Note that most of those are documentation alterations. Only the schema
namespace is different, and that's to follow best-practice.

What I sent around previously should be considered to be draft 1 of
version 2, and so the next time I send it around, it should be draft 2.

Donal.