[ur-wg] Concall tomorrow

Stephen M Pickles Stephen.Pickles at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 09:36:39 CDT 2006

In today's call, there was a little bit of confusion over
the topic of identity and compound usage records in Donal's
strawman.

After an off-line discussion with Matt Ford, I think I can
make his question clearer with a more concrete example.

In the strawman, we would be allowed to construct a
document containing a compound usage record
which itself contains a sequence of compound usage records,
each of which comprises two atomic usage records,
containing e.g. (1) some usage information about a compute
job, and (2) usage information about an associated network
reservation. As I understand it, Matt's question pertained
not to the identity of the agent producing the record,
nor to the identity of the ultimate end-user, but rather
to how to identify the intermediate compound record as
being about compute+network usage.

I think what this comes down to is that the atomic usage
records might need to be more strongly typed.

Stephen