[ur-wg] XML Namespace for Usage Record

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 07:37:03 CST 2006

It was agreed in Athens that we should follow the guidelines of GFD.58
<URL:http://www.ggf.org/documents/GFD.58.pdf> in the naming of our XML
namespace(s). But that doesn't mean that it's fully decided what those
names should be. In general, the namespace should be:

The <project> part should be either "ur" or "usage" (it's not clear
which, since I think that "ur" is a bit short, but is otherwise the
right acronym based on the rules listed). The <date> part is just the
year/month that we publish the schema (e.g. it would be 2006/02 if we
were to publish it now). The <extra> part is almost anything we want it
to be.

So, what should we use for the <project> part? And what do we want in
the <extra> part?

Donal.