[tsc] Responses to Public Comments

Chris Kantarjiev chris.kantarjiev at oracle.com
Fri Apr 20 17:56:26 CDT 2007

Here's another response.  Same drill as Dave's - object by the 25th.

The comment is here:

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/topc4016

And reads:

> Here are my comments on the draft.
>
> Section 1.3 - In types of grids discussion, 'Collaboration Grids' is in bold,
> other types are not. Make this consistent.

Yes.

> Section 2 - the last sentence of the OGF goal definition says "... build real
> operation grids using OGF-defined components.". I believe this should say
> 'standards' rather than 'components'. Component to me implies an
> implementation, a standard should allow for multiple implementations.

On the other hand, the phrase "OGF-defined standards" could lead the reader to
believe that our goal does not allow for external standards - this is certainly
not an impression we would like to leave.

Defining a component and implementing a components are two very different things.

> Section 4.1.3 - first sentence should read "... PERMIS [5], and XACML."
> rather than "... PERMIS [5], XACML."

Yes.

> Section 5 - In the 'Current Status' discussion I suggest this be modified to
> follow the the same 3-tier recommendation convention as defined GFD.1. The
> current wording implies that having reference implementations and interop
> test preceeds a Proposed Recommendation, while GFD.1 says this is required to
> transition from Proposed to Draft Recommendation. So the steps might be
> recast as: Concept, WrkGrp, WG-Draft, Proposed-Std, Draft-Std, Grid-Std,
> Product, Deploy.

We should track GFD.1 accurately, but we also want to emphasize that there
should be implementations and interop testing before the spec is finalized.
We'll rework this section accordingly.

> Table 3 - under Web services security the 'OGSA-SBP' specs should be
> 'OGSA-BSP' specs. Also, both of these have now achieved Proposed
> Recommendation status.

Thanks.

> Table 4 - under security, web service protocol security, change 'OGSA Secure
> Channel" to "OGSA-BSP specs". Both of the BSP specs are applicable.

Thanks.