[tsc] Responses to Public Comments

Chris Kantarjiev chris.kantarjiev at oracle.com
Fri Apr 20 16:40:35 CDT 2007

Here's my first response; I'm starting with the easy ones.  Same drill as
Dave's - object by the 25th.

The comment is here:

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/topc4008

And reads:

 >I re-reading the TS&R document, I have one additional comment that may
 >or may not be controversial ...
 >
 >In the document, we start out Section 1.3 with a statement of vision
 >"Distributed computing across multiple administrative domains".
 >Although
 >I like the simplicity of this statement, I am a little concerned
 >that it
 >excludes "distributed computing within an existing domain" I
 >believe our
 >stakeholders want grid architectures and standards "both within and
 >across multiple administrative domains". Mark

We have reworded this several times, none of them completely satisfactory. Let
me propose one more:

"Distributed computing at (small-i) internet scale, both within and across
administrative domains."

I agree that our long-term vision needs to explicitly include operation within a
single administrative domain, even if it is a large one.