[tsc] Responses to Nordugrid Public Comments

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Mon Apr 16 16:40:19 CDT 2007

Fellow TSC-ers,

Here is my suggestions wrt to the Nordugrid comments:

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/topc4022

If any TSC members object to my responses, please say so before the
next call, April 25th. In the mean time, I will assume that you have
no objections and start working on the document - time permitting.

General Comments:

1) They ask for more insight into the tactics we will use to promote
our standards. As these are currently under development, it is
premature to include them in this draft, but the plan already is that
this type of information will be provided in future versions of the TSD.

2) A reference to the TSC charter will be included in the current
version before publication. With respect to requirements gathering,
the overall strategy is already described, and more detailed
approaches are under development and will be included in future
releases, e.g. a description of vendor adoption forums.

3) The  inclusion of  shared clusters within a single organization
was always intended to be in scope and the language has been clarified.

4) The definition of resource has always been assumed to be very
broad and to specifically include non-compute resources. The document
will be updated to reflect this intension.

5) We confirm the importance of commercial deployment of Grid beyond
the traditional Supercomputing context.

6) The intension is to be as consistent with the OGSA Glossary as
possible. This will be rechecked before publication, but it is
sometimes difficult to stay in sync, as the OGSA glossary is also
evolving.

7) We acknowledge that Information capabilities related technology
appear to be scattered around the technical space in OGF. This is in
fact the state of affairs and the TSD reflects this. The observation
is however valuable and the TSC will discuss this at some point with
an eye to advising the steering committee.

8) We expect that more detail on the security area, including
Authentication and VO will appear in the next version of the TSD. In
fact, since this draft of the TSD there has been a marked increase in
activity in this area.

Specific Detailed comments:

Page 2: Will do.

Page 3: We will attempt to make these positive definitions, rathe
"what it is not" definitions, as you suggest. We will add these