[tsc] [Fwd: [gfsg] BusinessWeek Front Page Article on Amazon S3 and EC2]

Steven Newhouse s.newhouse at omii.ac.uk
Fri Nov 10 14:29:57 CST 2006

> For example, we seem to be codifying OGSA as the one true way to
> build grids, and not making any provisions for embracing alternate
> architectures.

That's not how I read this. There is a lot of stuff in this document
that OGSA have not touched - nor would they. The document identifies
some solid islands of activity within OGF. Only some of these islands
are within the OGSA space IMHO. Considering how narrow OGSA has been in
the past this document is very refreshing.

WRT S3 I don't see how we could endorse infrastructures that are not
open and replicable by other groups. If they are willing to bring this
into OGF that would be great. I would see it as something that would be
embraced by many groups in the grid space and, with some adoption, into
the TSC document.

Steven