[tsc] Fwd: URGENT Input Needed for the Technical Strategy Document

David Snelling David.Snelling at uk.fujitsu.com
Wed Nov 1 10:00:26 CST 2006

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Steven Newhouse <s.newhouse at omii.ac.uk>
> Date: 1 November 2006 15:12:18 GMT
> To: David Snelling <David.Snelling at uk.fujitsu.com>
> Cc: Dieter Kranzlmueller <dk at gup.jku.at>, Mark Linesch
> <mark.linesch at hp.com>, Joel Replogle <replogle at ggf.org>
> Subject: Re: URGENT Input Needed for the Technical Strategy Document
>
> Dave,
>
> > I need you to look at the
>> roadmap table in here and correct the entries for specs in your area.
>
> SAGA has just gone into public comment. So a spec milestone might
> be Feb 07.
> DRMAA has just gone into its recommendation track public comment.
> So a standard publishing date might be Feb 07. A list of
> implementations can be found here - http://www.drmaa.org/wiki/
> index.php/DrmaaImplementations but there are some solid
> implementations that formed the basis of the experiences documents:
> 1.	“N1TM Grid Engine DRMAA 1.0 Implementation – Experience Report,”
> by Daniel Templeton, Sun Microsystems, Inc. and Andreas Haas, Sun
> Microsystems GmbH,
> 2.	“Condor DRMAA 1.0 Implementation – Experience Report,” by Peter
> Tröger, Hasso-Plattner-Institute and Becky Gietzel, University of
> Wisconsin-Madison,
> 3.	“Experience report about running DRMAA C compliance test with
> GridWay DRMAA implementation,” by the GridWay team.
>
> In addition, the revised version of DRMAA GFD-R-P.022 was
> implemented for PBS / Torque by the OpenDSP project team.
> Implementations for Unicore and Apple's Xgrid were recently
> announced on the DRMAA mailing list. All of these implementations
> realize a C-language library for each particular DRM system.
> According to the respective authors, ALL implementations were
> created from scratch, without reusing existing DRMAA library code
> from external parties. DRMAA WG members participated in the
> development of the N1TM Grid Engine and Condor implementation, but
> not in the other DRMAA library implementations.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Steven
> --
> Dr Steven Newhouse   Mob:+44(0)7920489420  Tel:+44(0)23 80598789
> Director, Open Middleware Infrastructure Institute-UK (OMII-UK)
> c/o Suite 6005, Faraday Building (B21), Highfield Campus,
> University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK

[Bicycle crash boiler plate: I will include this boiler plate in my
mails for a few weeks to apologize for terseness in the rest of the
mail.  I have a broken finger from the crash on Oct 4th, and typing
is hard and possible only in short spurts. Sorry, Dave.]

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE