[tm-rg] GGF14 Meeting and Group Sunset

Haugen Robert Robert.Haugen at choreology.com
Thu Jun 23 09:32:52 CDT 2005

Hi Torsten,

Sorry I can't attend the phone meeting tomorrow.

Comments on slides:

Typo on slide 5:
"Distributed avaiable-to-promise" should be "Distributed
available-to-promise"

Slide 15:
"Distributed 2PC
Scaleability Problem in terms of resource sharing"

I think that statement incorrectly equates 2PC with ACID rules and
holding resource locks for the duration of a transaction.

Several of the loosely-coupled transaction protocols allow distributed
transactions which have two phases but which do not require holding
locks and relax some ACID rules.

Compensation is actually a 2-phase outcome, following the do-compensate
pattern.

Anything following the provisional-final pattern has 2 phases but does
not require holding locks.

Options are an implementation of the provisional-final pattern.