[tm-rg] First thoughts on a Table of Contents for our Interim Report

Tony Fletcher tony.fletcher at choreology.com
Fri Feb 4 03:43:11 CST 2005

Dear Colleagues,

An action on us all from this weeks  GGF Transaction Management Research
Group teleconference was to start to think about a structure for our planned
Interim Report.  I will have ago to start the ball rolling, but please do
not feel constrained by what I have suggested - I am sure you can do much
better!  You may wish to take what I suggest as a starting point and make
suggestions for changes to improve the structure, or you may wish to ignore
the remainder of this email and come up with your own structure from first
principles - please do either, but please do contribute in some way.  I need
your thoughts.

One possible Table of Contents structure:

Introduction
  History of the group
  Inaugural meeting
  Subsequent GGF sessions
  Regular teleconferences
  Protocol presentations

The challenges of Transactions in a Grid Environment
  The Grid environment
  The challenges of running transactions on the Grid
      Similarities and differences with other environments

Transaction Categorisation

Typical transaction use cases
   Reference to Use Case document
   Summarise use cases from Use Case document

Future Work Plans / Next steps

Best Regards,

Tony

 <http://www.choreology.com/>

Tony Fletcher

Technical Advisor
Choreology Ltd.
68, Lombard Street, London EC3V 9L J   UK

Phone:

+44 (0) 1473 729537

Mobile:

+44 (0) 7801 948219

Fax:

+44 (0) 870 7390077

Web:

 <http://www.choreology.com/> www.choreology.com

CohesionsT

Business transaction management software for application coordination

Work: tony.fletcher at choreology.com

Home: amfletcher at iee.org