[ZS] Another face of Corporatism: Private armies and police

Bryce Lynch virtualadept at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 06:46:09 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 8:38 AM, ZeroState.net <info at zerostate.net> wrote:
> ...does anybody else think it's really really bad for governments to
> outsource police and army work to companies like G4S?

They're out of the chain of command.  PMCs have already made the US
notorious overseas because of their antics.

They're able to negotiate their way around many of the laws and
regulations that apply to us ("Laws for thee but not for me.")

They aren't held to codes of conduct or oversight that police forces
are.  No accountability, either.

> These guys are there to make a profit, *not* to look out for the
> public interest. The moment those motivations diverge, matters of
> public interest immediately go in the trash.

That makes them too big a risk and untrustworthy to mine eyes.

> Seriously, why do we allow this? Who does it serve, other than the
> Billionaires who sit both on the company boards and in government?
> Uh... looks like I might have just answered my own question.

We don't allow it.  Entities that are incredibly rich and well
connected made it so, and there isn't anything anybody else can do
about it.

I hate to frob the pessimist bit this morning, but that's pretty much
what it boils down to.  Those who have the gold made the rules.

--
The Doctor [412/724/301/703] [ZS]
https://drwho.virtadpt.net/

----- End forwarded message -----