[Clips] US CODE: Title 50,1811. Authorization during time of war

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 06:19:46 PST 2005

RAHweh wrote...

>One is useful. The other is, at best, masturbatory.

Now always. If a political discussion can uncover likely threat models, then
there's some distinct usefulness.

Also, the politics of dis-intelligence is also useful. Those worries about
super-quantum-TEMPEST is a good example: "Oh don't you bother with your cute
lil' crypto systems, because we can just watch you  at your keyboard
anyway..."

So if there's some way to modify "write code" to include "code-impacting
political discussion", then I agree, but I also agree it still gets rather
masturbatory.

But then again, it's not like any male has ever wanted to masturbate
before...

-TD